10 September 2008

Biking for Obama!

For the record, I'm not interested in turning this blog into another political site. There are enough of those already. This blog is meant to be about staying positive, and finding better ways of getting from Point A to Point B. Besides, I'm pretty averse to confrontation, and who knows if my views are shared by the others who post on this blog occasionally anyway.

But, I'd imagine that many of you who ARE interested in alternative forms of transportation are also supporting Barack Obama for President. If not, that's fine too ... this is a free country, after all. But I am, and I wanted to share some photos from a recent event that we had in support of Obama's candidacy.

The event is called "BARACKCYCLE" and it's a once-a-month bike ride, somewhere in Los Angeles, of Obama supporters. The most recent ride began at Hollywood and Highland with a small but enthusiastic group of cyclists. We went from there, to Beverly Hills, to West Hollywood, and back. All in all, we rode 19 miles that day! In the sun! I'm not going to lie, I had a headache for the rest of the day. But it was great fun - a good way to workout, and support our favorite candidate (and bike fan), AND raise awareness of cyclists on the road. Some of those roads were scary, and I never would have ridden on them without my little team of BarackCyclists. But we did pretty good!

If you are a member of BarackObama.com, look for the next BARACKCYCLE by searching for events in the Los Angeles area. We hope to see you there!



No comments: