01 September 2008

Dreaming about my new wheel(s)

I don't know about you guys, but ever since I watched the closing ceremonies of the Olympics last week, I've been dying to get one of these:


Daily Mail photo found at Mixx

I mean, how cool are these things?!? I guarantee you if I went cruising around town with this monocycle, nobody would give me any trouble at all. Then again, I might cause wrecks, but still ... they are bad-ass, aren't they?


Image credit:Xinhua, found at Beijing Olympic Games

OK, so I probably can't get one of those anywhere, unless I go to China and track them down and bribe someone, or something. In the meantime, I think I may have stumbled upon the set of 4 wheels that I'd like to purchase in the future, if presented with the opportunity to do so again. It's called the Toyota iQ, and although it's clearly not as flashy as the "Beijing monocycle," it's arguably one of the smallest and most fuel-efficient four-passenger cars in the world. And I think it's pretty cute, anyway.


Image courtesy of Treehugger.com

Unfortunately this scrappy little car won't be sold in the U.S. in the near future ... only in Japan and then in Europe early next year. But I think there are a lot of people, like me, who would shell out the relatively meager $13,000 to buy it here in the U.S. I hope so, anyway! Because I want Toyota to bring it here! Click here to read more about the iQ. Alas, I will keep dreaming ...

No comments: