09 December 2008

I get around ... sort of

Friday night I tried to get home (to Downtown) from the Westside (Venice-ish) and I had thought there was a bus that ran all night that I could catch. No, it wouldn't have been the smartest thing I've ever done but damn it, I wanted to sleep in my own bed. Besides my friend was there, and although she was too tired to drive me home, I was fully prepared to make her sit there and watch me at the bus stop until it came. Well, it didn't come because ... there was no late night bus. I mean, my goodness! Don't people need to get around for jobs in the middle of the night? As a city, isn't this supposed to be an option? Last time I checked, I didn't live in the middle of nowhere. Needless to say I remain as cynical as ever about the public transportation options in this city.

What I am not cynical about is biking, however. I still love it. Haven't been able to do too much of it lately though, which is why I'm considering going on C.I.C.L.E.'s 3rd Annual Toys & Mittens Ride this Saturday from 11 am to 2 pm. Looks like fun and it's for a good cause!

Also if I could take this thing with me on the ride, I totally would. It's so cute! And its hybrid electric! I could have used this on Friday night....

1 comment:

Will Campbell... said...

I've been jonesing for some hybricycle goodness for a long time, but every time I find one I get sticker shock. So until someone can explain to me earnestly and with a straight face why these things will set me back so many THOU$AND$, I'm just gonna shrug and move on.