24 January 2009

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

If you are actually reading my blog, there's a good chance you've seen this already on another blog, but its coolness factor implores me to share it again here: it's a concept for a bike light that laser projects a bike lane on the pavement around you as you ride. I think this is probably the neatest thing that any biker could ask for, and it could save a heck of a lot in infrastructure upgrades. If it were only on the market.



I think that this bike light will at some point come to fruition, and if so, I'll be in line to purchase it, for sure. Unfortunately however, unlike that laser thingy, I feel like LILAWAC is going nowhere, fast. It's not that I've purchased a car or anything - I'm still Living In LA Without a Car, for sure - but it's hard for me to blog about this topic when there's so many other people living in LA without god-knows-what anymore. For instance, how many people could start a blog about "Living in LA Without a Job"? Or "Living in LA Without a Home"? The crash of the economy and the housing market has left me feeling a bit hollow - like, who cares if I don't have a car?

All of this is to say that LILAWAC is going on hiatus. I'm going to be switching gears to focus on my new project very soon, and when that is released, I'll post it here so you know where to find me. In the meantime, if anyone has anything they want to share, ding me so I can add you as an "author". I want to leave the information out there in case it could help someone at some point.

So long, good luck, and Happy Obama 2009.

No comments: